Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Home FINALLY!


We woke up to 36 degree temps the next morning.
I remember waking (what little sleep I did get) in the middle of the night
and moving my head on the pillow, and it felt like it had icles on it.
Then there was time my forehead got so cold it felt like my brain was freezing
and I had to stick my head under the covers to get any relief!

We woke up and hit the road by 7:30 AM!
Since no one at the resort opens or stirs till 9 AM
We had to drive to the nearest place to get coffee!


And 10 miles down the road we found it!
HEAVEN!
We were greeted by this resident.
Inside was 
Warm.
Cheerful.
Inviting.
and best of all:
They had HOT COFFEE!
SUPER DUPER Good Breakfast!
With BLUEBERRY pancakes! YUM!

They EVEN have TRAIL RIDES~
Yep, I think I know where I am going to spend my next vacation!


Coming down off the mountain
It wasn't Memorial Day so not sure why all the flags.
Sure was striking though.
Some Iron Horses.
Beautiful Rose Garden
Harvesting Wheat.

By the time we got home the temperature was 92 degrees!
What a difference from morning till afternoon.

Oh, and the bets failed!
Both Daughter In Laws surprised everyone!
They RODE 2450 miles on the back of a bike!
Hi Five to them, and very proud!
It was good to get home.
We were all tired, and thankful for Sunday to rest up.







2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

What a beautiful trip! I can see Old Glory displayed at any time of the year. It seems the small towns in Ohio and Kentucky where we have had road trips this summer have those flags up all the time. Love it!

Becky said...

Too funny! We were at Lolo Pass Friday night! We camped at Wilderness Gateway Campground just down the road! We had a blast playing in the river!