Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Just because..............

 I do not think like you. Nor have the same ideas as you. Walk the same line as you do. Does that make me a bad person? Does that make me not a good friend? Can't friends have different thoughts? Different ideas? SURE THEY CAN and that is what makes friendships work. It really is a two way street. 

I don't know. But I do know that if we all thought alike, and all did the very same things, and did not have our own minds to think for ourselves, we would all be zombies. 

I just got unfriended on FB today because I made a comment to her post that was not in line with her own thoughts. I got unfriended by her. WOW! 

We really were not FRIEND FRIENDS anyway, just casual acquaintance's really. 

But someone that only wants to be friends if you only think one way....Their way....just does not agree with me.

Just think of the conversations you wouldn't have, because you would only think alike. Why talk to each other if you don't have different ideas?  

I enjoy conversations, and other ideas people might have. I firmly believe you can agree to disagree and still be friends. 

FB has become very hateful territory these days. Do this! Do That! Mandate this! Mandate that! I don't dare make any comments on my FB page, EVEN THOUGH people can just scroll on by and ignore it, but they don't. And then the keyboard warriors are at it in full swing. I have deleted innocent posts I have posted because people just go so nasty in the comments. 

So I comment on my blog! A place where I feel safe because so far no one comments on the blog. TEEHEE.....I feel safe. I feel like I am invisible.



2 comments:

GingerG17 said...

I totally agree with your post! I deleted my facebook account because it was becoming too stressful to read all of the nasty posts. I have a 23 year old granddaughter who has the complete opposite opinions of everything I stand for. She once asked for opinions on a subject, and I carefully worded my explanation of my opinion. She then deleted my comment. I got to the point I can't even read her posts without getting upset. My husband still has his account but rarely gets on. I use his account once a day just to check up on family and friends to make sure they are all OK. Yes, I still read my granddaughters posts, but quickly scroll away. I wouldn't want to be responsible for making a comment in my husband's name. Haha! I do comment occasionally on other's posts but always let them know it is me commenting, and not my husband.

mrscravitz said...

Thank you for your Comment Ginger. I don't feel so alone in all this. A very hateful world we live in right now for sure.