Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2021

5 Down, 1 to go!

5 rounds of chemo are in the books. The last week was pretty rough on Rick, and so I am glad the chemo is coming to an end. It hurts to see him dealing with the crap that comes with chemo. But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.... ONE MORE to go!

Doc is happy with the blood test results! This news is very encouraging. PSA is down to 21!!!! 

I think the hardest part about this journey is the loss of friends. People I cherished, and enjoyed have dropped off the radar. It is something I am really trying to understand, but no matter how much I think about them it still hurts!!!! This is really a time in life that friendship should mean more because the support of a friend helps weather the rough seas. 

Friends that have struck around, know that your check-ins mean the world to me!!! And to Rick!!!! Rick needs his friends just as much as I do.   Helps us to cope, which helps us deal with what life is dealing right now. 

I look forward to the days of near normalcy again. (If that will ever be a thing).  Days that cancer is not in the forefront. 


No comments: