Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

I'm Gonna Miss you! Billie Monahan

 Billie Monahan
November 15, 1956 - July 22, 2021

You can not think of Billie and not think of the Queen Bee!
She Owned it!

I remember taking this picture of Billie. We lived practically next door to each other on 7th Street in Umatilla. Our kids played together. Billie and I would hang together. 
This was taken at McNary Beach when we took all the kids swimming. This day is etched in my mind as a good memory and I wished we had more of them. 


Another huge memory I have of Billie is one Halloween. I had a little car, can't remember if it was my Volkswagen or my little blue square fiat. I got all dressed up as a witch and wanted to go play around in town. Of course Hubby was to embarrassed to go with me. He does not like attention drawn upon himself. Billie was ready and willing to go. 

We tootled off into town, and mostly drug the gut. 
(You old timers will know what that is.)
I did an outstanding job on my make up and the only think I was missing was a broom. 
Honking and waving at people got their attention and the double takes got me to giggling. 

We both smoked at the time, and I think I had caught my nose on fire lighting my cigarette, because we laughed so hard I had to pull over till I calmed down and had my wits about me to drive home. 

As time passes people move on. Billie was the first to move from the neighborhood, and we lost touch for a few years. 

I reconnected with Billie off an on thru the years. One time I remember going to her cute little apartment and she was showing me all the things she was sewing. PJ's for the grandkids and I really thought they were awesome. 

She worked at Rite Aide for quite some time and then went to work in the maintenance office at the hospital. I got a job at the hospital as the property manager and we reconnected. It was a joy to go to work everyday and see her smiling face. When she wasn't smiling I did something goofy and would get a grin at least. 

Work generally got in the way of having fun, as usual. 

I then quit the hospital as I wound up having some medical issues. 
They all worked out well for me.

Then I heard that Billie had some medical issues too. 
Then Covid hit and isolation took its toll. 
 But we mostly communicated via text.

I will miss Billie not being in this world of ours. 
I will miss her very much!


The above sums her up to a "T"

Beautiful! Beautiful! Billie! 
Gone way before your time!
We should of grew old together so we could of 
been rebels in the old folks home!


Till we meet again! 
With our angel wings on!










No comments: