Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Nana Time.....

Wow! 
What a summer!
I have been so busy that there just is NO excuse as to why
I have neglected my blog!

The past weekend, 
It was Nana and Grandkids time!
And with that comes
HORSEY TIME!
She doesn't care if she rides bare back
or with a saddle.
She would just SIT on Libby all day if she could!

Of course before we picked her up,
she informed her mother
that shew as going to ride Libby
'laying down'
and that she did too!

Doesn't Libby just look to cute in PINK!

So the next morning
before the last swallow of breakfast hit her tummy,
she is telling me she wants to 'go ride wibby'.

So I thought I would saddle up both horses,
and 'pony' Libby while I rode Poncho.
That way "I" Could ride too.

It did not work out to well. 
I am going to have practice more before I
do that trick with my grandkids on Libby.
Oh they were both good,
Poncho and Libby, 
It was me that was the clutz!

So away we walked....
 And Walked.....
 Working on balance......

 and Trotted.......

 Libby was so good....and Bree was just having so much fun!

 Then I got the brilliant IDEA........
USE THE ROUND PEN!
And just as we were getting settled in
Parker showed up.
 So he got to ride after Bree did,
and both of them of course kept saying:
"Trot! Trot! Nana, I wanna Trot!"

 So Trot Libby did.
 Every once in awhile, Libby would stop and look at me:
"Enough already!"
She was a very good sport about the whole thing!
 Then the big finale was they both got to ride 
twice around the ring, and then 
it was time for Libby to 
"Go night night."
It was the only way I could get the kids to 
give me a break! LOL
This is Libby and Poncho's
'night, night' place.
I almost wanted to cuddle up in there!
AND...
I just might...
cause I have a KINDLE now!
I can sit and read and not worry about the 
wind and the pages.

If you don't have one, 
GET ONE!
I have not done so much reading as I have since I got it a week ago.
Already polished off three books!

It is NOT like reading a computer screen.
It is very much like 
ink to paper.

What is so great is that
I found holding books because cumbersome.
With the kindle, I do not miss turning pages!
My thumb is on the edge to flip the pages,
and I do not miss a beat in reading!

Oh and I saved $50.00 by getting the one
with the "ads".
They DO NOT deter from anything!
The ads show up when you turn off the Kindle,
and as a very small banner on the 'home page'.

Yes, I highly recommend a KINDLE
if you do not already have one.
I procrastinated a long time before I got one.
My only regret is that I waited so long to get it!

You can read it in bright sunlight, 
or any light.
You just can't read it in the dark.

So I have a book light.

Warning:
DO NOT READ IT OUTSIDE
ON A HOT NIGHT
WITH TINY LITTLE BUGS
(or any bugs)
FLYING ALL OVER!

THEY WILL SWARM YOU!


3 comments:

Mikey said...

Absolutely adorable!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwwww! Too stinkin' sweet! Your grandbabies are so lucky to have the best Nana ever! And the very best Wibby in the entire world!

Thanks for the tips on the Kindle. I wondered how it would read during bright light and at night. My wrists and fingers get cramped when holding books and turning pages. Can you also adjust the font/letter size, too? My eyes just aren't what they used to be anymore.

~Lisa

mrscravitz said...

I did forget to ad that you CAN adjust the FONT size! Which is totally way cool!