Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Help Rescue Dogs.............

I read a favorite blog every day. If I go a day with reading this blog my day is not complete. I have other favorite blogs I read also, and will highlight them eventually.  But toda
is blogging about helping shelter dogs.

 Here is a quote from her blog:

"Pedigree® is sponsoring an Adoption Drive – they are donating a bowl of dog food for every "like" they get on their facebook page. If you go here and "like" them, one more shelter dog will get a bowl of food. But that's not all.

For every blog that mentions the Adoption Drive between Sept. 16 through Sunday, Sept. 19, Pedigree® will donate a 20-lb. bag of food to a shelter. If you've got a blog, there's still time to write a post and help a dog. Enter the link to your blog post here to participate."

I have had a lot of pets in my life.
One that I did rescue.
She brought so much in our life,
and we lost a lot when she left us.
You can read about her here, 
as I made a web page in honor of her:
(Yes, I KNOW! I need to redo my web pages!)

I hope if you read my blog, you will 
click on the links provided,
post to your blog,
and
click 'like' on facebook.

Since we are on rescues,
here is another favorite blog of mine:
and todays blog is about????
A RESCUE!

Then another favorite blog is
She does a LOT of rescuing.
If you look at her past blogs 
you can see the pickles she gets herself in!
Never a boring day there.

Well have fun with the links,
and help with the rescue pets!
I wish I could bring them all home!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

Anonymous said...

On the local news tonight, a car driving fast on our local highway threw a border collie out of his car window! Isn't it enough that these loving creatures depend on us for love and yet, the most miserable, hateful humans still "want to own" one?

A passing motorist saw it happen and stopped to pick up the badly mangled and broken animal.

Most animals will attack when they are being rescued, due to more pain being inflicted during the rescue, combined with their fear.

This collie licked the rescuer's hand and is at the local pound with abrasions and broken legs. They said it is in severe shock from the trauma.

They asked for donations to keep it alive. I grabbed the phone to call the number I knew they would show on the screen...asking Joe if we could go get it. Sadly we can't since there is a line of red tape invovled....(they first have to get the "owner's" permission)!

I know I could get his cooperation if I could just get him in MY car and try shoving HIM out the window.