Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reading Material to Help Me Learn to Ride.....


You can get the book here.

I also want to take this opportunity to THANK EVERYONE that
has commented on my posts about SISSY MISSY and PISSY SISSY!
ALL your comments have been very HELPFUL!





Jocelyn recommended this book to me, and so
I not only bought this book, which is book number two,
I also bought the original book Sally Swift wrote by the same title.

I have been reading the books, (only because I got book 2 in the mail first),
and right now I am only still in the anatomy of the body and how the 

Foot bone is connected to the
ankle bone, 
and the ankle bone is connected to the 
shin bone, 
and the shin bone is connected to the,
knee bone, 
(Well you know how it goes....)

Anyway, I can't wait to get to the nuts and bolts of Centered Riding.
I do not dare skip a word though, because I might miss something 
very important.
So far all of what I have read,
MAKE PERFECT SENSE!

This helps out ANYONE that rides. 
These books are not just for beginners.

Because I have been reading this book, 
is most likely why I stayed in the saddle on my 
Trotting lesson!

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I loved it when I finally read a book about riding that made complete sense.

Good Luck!

Gail said...

I love, Think Like Your Horse.

Rising Rainbow said...

I have read Centered Riding. It made sense to me too.

DKG aka Scrappy Doo said...

gonna have to ck it out. Thanks for the tip.
Happy Riding

Reluctant Cowboy said...

It's been years sense I read #1. It is one of those books that I should probably read every so often because for some reason bad posture tends to creep in and the book was always a help. From reading your post I get a sense that you have gained some confidence and not as frustrated.
Good job!

allhorsestuff said...

That is an excellent book! I am so glad that you like to read about riding too...My sister gave me 3 BOXES of books when she gave me my mare...I shuddered! But, after a time, I began to open them up...and understand one thing at a time as I took lessons. I have like 4 of them going at once now...all the time...cause riding and learning just changes and so must how I learn from these perfected teachers!

Read and Ride on~ with your NEW GREY MARE!!!!
Kk