The Prompts: 1.) What was the first CD (or record or cassette) you ever purchased? Write about the way that particular album made you feel then. Write about how it makes you feel now.
Well It was not a CD actually. It was a 45 RPM RECORD! Yes! the very first piece of music I ever bought, and I was only like 12 or 13. It was ELVIS PRESLEY Suspicious Minds! Yes, I played it over and over and over and over. On one of those little electrical tinny sounds record players. See, growing up, we were very poor. Did not have a TV and music was not allowed, only because it drove my mother up a wall. She was not fond of to much noise. She always said it, "grated her nerves". Ummmm.... So officially it was not a CD, but it was the first piece of music I bought.
2.) You were recently laid off. Instead of moping around, you've viewed it as a chance to start fresh. Pick a new career and write about your first day on the job.
Well I can write about this, because, IT REALLY HAPPENED to me! Yesseree it did! Just last October in fact. The company consolidated and my job went away! So I went from the lumber business to: get this.......I got TWO jobs.......One for an oil change outfit, and the other a counselor. What a combination. Three days a week, I work for one, and two days the other. So I feel like I am a yoyo sometimes. But my first day on both jobs, I feel very incompetent, because there was so much to learn. I HATE STARTING a new job, because I like the comfort of my old job. I like the comfort of KNOWING what is going on and having the answer to questions. Well at the oil change outfit, I do know what is going on now, and I have my routine, and I enjoy it. I am still learning at the counselors office, but it is looking up. Someday I will understand EVERYTHING there is know....soon.....
3.) List your five most recent favorite things.
1. My Horse Sissy, and all of my pets. I do have to say, that ALL my pets, but if I listed them separately then it would not be fair! LOL
2. My husband. Yes he is one of my favorite things. He is there when I need him.
3. My Friends. For without friends, life would be so dull and lonely!
4. My Ability to stay busy. Yes, I have gained the art of being able to do just about any type of crafts I put my mind to. I always wanted to paint/draw, but alas, I do NOT have that talent. I also wanted to sing too, but the pets even run outside. So I stick with what I know.
5. My Kids, grandkids, and my family! Yes, I am lucky to have such good boys and daughters-in-law. I love every one of them.
4.) I'm hungry. Share your very favorite recipe!!
My most favorite recipe..just scroll down on this blog. It is CHICKEN SQUARES. The recipe and pictures will show you what they are. Boy are they the best thing ever! (You might have to go to 'previous posts because I may have posted that in January.)