Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

My New Year's resolution is to keep my Blog updated. We are just seeing the last of the snow flakes melt into the ground. YEAH! This year has really shoved to much snow at me! Normally I just love the snow, and the beauty that it creates. But I think we just got way to much of it at once, and and it was so very cold. So from now on, I put a ban on any more snow falling in Umatilla County! ha! As if "I" have the power over Mother Nature. NOT! Oh well I thought I would try.

Last night we had some friends over. Would of loved to have a lot more show up, but everyone had plans. We had an enjoyable night, and stayed up way later than we normally do. I am looking forward to this summer, and having a BBQ and inviting EVERYONE we know to come out and have an enjoyable time.

When it was very very cold out, I fed the little finches everyday. They were not at all bashful about coming up on the deck and picking up the seed I tossed on the ground. They looked like little fat chubby birds too. It was hard for me to believe that they could fly they looked so fat.

Well I found out why today! As I sat, drinking my morning coffee, I watched them come and eat their breakfast. They all looked so thin! It dawned on me that when the temps were in the single digits, these little birds fluffed out! They are not as brave either with these warmer temps.


This is a DOVE that came to eat every day for about a week.


Fat little Finches.


This little guy I think was of mixed origin. He sure was a cutie though.


Here he is with a finch. Quite a size difference.


Sadie says: "Make the SNOW STOP!"


Sissy, she doesn't care. She just goes with it.

Well this is it for the first day of 2009! Hope everyone has a good year this year.


1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Happy New Year to you, too!
I love the head shots of you horses, especially with their snowy whiskers.

Too cute!

~Lisa
New Mexico